Skip to Content
_

St. James Church - Welton

 Welton Church Drawing

St. James’ Church Welton in the County of Cumbria was built in 1873 as a Chapel of Ease in the Parish of St. Mary Sebergham. As the River Caldew divides the Welton part from the Sebergham part (Sebergham High Bound and Sebergham Low Bound) it was thought to be a help to those on the West side of the river.  

In 1976 after a pastoral reorganisation of a number of parishes St. James’s Church,  Welton was added to Holy Trinity Parish Rosley.   St. Mary’s Sebergham became part of the Caldbeck team along with Castle Sowerby. St James's Church seats around 80 with extras in the choir stalls if necessary.

In March 2010 the Rosley team and the Caldbeck team were amalgamated and now form a grouping comprising Rosley, Westward, Welton, Sebergham, Castle Sowerby and Caldbeck

 

The present vicar is The Revd. Norman L. Robinson,  The Vicarage Rosley, Wigton, CA7 8AU.  016973 43723.

The organist/treasurer is Mrs Lorraine Gash, Roundhill Farm, Welton, CA5 7HH, Tel: 016974 76337.

Services are at 11.00 am on the first and third Sundays of each month.

Welton Church
Who are the ministry team? Click here to find out.